This project was about estimation. We started with 3 jars and each of us chose one thing to put in to estimate. We ended up with mixed nuts, cranberries and noodles. The we each took a guess at how many there were. We took out 10 of each item to get a feel for how many 10 looked like (seemed like very little to me!). We were allowed to revise our guess at that point. Then we took each container and counted them into groups of 10 to get the final amount. From there, we figured out the mean average between our 2 guesses to find out if the group number was closer than the individual guesses. Look around your house and see what you can estimate!